Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Try something new!!-Clay

Clay- fun and frolic!Sometimes we need to try something new. I(unwillingly)agreed to do a group project for a special event this weekend. This  was so, mainly because I have a jam packed week and could  not forsee having the time to make and design one bead ( 1!) from scratch.So off I trotted to the nearest bookstore in the kids/crafts section to find clay to bake!

 I have never really worked with clay in this way before, but once I got started....I could not stop. I only needed to make one bead, but ended up producing 13 wonderful creations.



cut and shape the clay- bake for 20 minutes

let cool, colour with various mediums

we used watercolour, pastels, nail polish, markers and gel pens.


And here -the almost finished product

These will be used as necklaces, beads to make a bracelet and keyrings.


I really found joy creating this mini zentangle design on this medallion pendant.

Watch this space for more details......plus a giveaway soon!! I have a little more work to do on these but boy it was such fun. My daughters and I had a wonderful Wednesday evening bonding over clay designing and painting. I wish you all a lovely week. I hope 2013 has started off positively, productively and full of joy and hope! Best Wishes-Chelsea.

8 comments:

Zena said...

They look fantastic

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oh how fun! I love that peacock blue one - very cool

Introverted Art said...

wow Chelsea, it looks like a lot of fun. I always like to try new things as well, although I will always be a watercolor artist by heart. These look so pretty.

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

Clay is so much fun isn't it? The possibilities are endless! And how lovely to spend time with kids making beautiful things. Thank you so much for your kind words, and offer! The first thing that came to mind was Shippam's paste haha.. but no worries dear friend! I trust you are enjoying the beginnings of a wonderful, blessed new year :)

Additionsstyle said...

Beautiful clay beads! I bet it was fun to play and create something new.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

CHELSEA ST PIERRE said...

Thank you all for stopping by I did indeed have lots fun, it is still uncertain which of us us had the most fun...but I am sure it was ME!

Mescrap said...

such a great exploration of clay. love your doodling.

CHELSEA ST PIERRE said...

Awe thank you Lay Hoon, it was such good fun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...