Friday, December 13, 2013

On Moving House

Hello friends, thank you for stopping by. Huge apologies as I have not been posting on a regular basis...why you may ask? Well..., we were able to finally purchase our first family home. We packed up and moved out of London which we called home for the past 15 years and made a brave and bold step to a new life in the Kent countryside (10 minutes walk to the beach.)
If you have ever moved house you may know how very stressful it can be and it certainly was. We are also in the midst of renovating, so I am not in the head space to be blogging as such. Most of my time is taken up with the house, while ensuring my daughters are transitioning and settling into their new life as smoothly as possible.
 We could have just moved in and started our new life in the house but of course we wanted to put our own stamp on it, make it as energy efficient and green as possible. So this is where is where I am at..... tired , exhausted, hopeful, grateful. I have been a little creative in order to keep calm and grounded during this very stressful time and have shared the photos on instagram you can view them on Chelsea St.Pierre instagram/chelseaartdesigns.

I hope you are all doing fine and looking forward to Christmas. 




Here area few pics from my Pinterest boards that I created for when we purchased our home...and now I get to use them in earnest for inspiration ...enjoy

Little Green Notebook: Easy Envelope Pillows

I love the idea for displaying my art in Gallery style and I will be doing so once the walls are done wallpapering an painting.




bookshelves belong in the dining room.

We will be having bookcases in our dining space for sure, we spend so much around our dining table, eating ,talking, reading and  crafting with the girls....it is a must to have my books close by. What do you think? Do you have books in your dinning area ?

reading chair

I will  be making alot of our cushions myself...and I am really inspired by this one, so elegant, I will certainly hand paint a few.

Ok my friends I have to rush off to watch Erin's school Christmas play, she is playing the part of an angel ( an easy and natural part for her). I wish you all the very best and look forward to sharing more with you very soon....until then I hope to hold on to my sanity while living on this building site...more on that soon. Tight hugs  ( any words of advice on coping most welcomed)

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...